Sunday 12 December 2010

Making the Newspaper advert


This is me taking photo's for our newspaper advert. I took photo's of friends in school and family at home that have tattoos. This is one of me taking one of my step dads tattoo.









For out newspaper advert we planned to have
a person, one side covered in tattoos and one with a t-shirt on. This meant taking two photos and merging them, as well as taking photos to superimpose on to his body. I decided not to use this photograph as his mouth is open and I had no photos with his t-shirt on with his mouth open so wouldn't of gone together very well.


I chose not to use this photograph as he has a superman t-shirt on, and as this is such an iconic logo, I thought it might distract attention away from the tattoos and meaning of the newspaper advert.





I got the model to change his t-shirt so still a bright one but not one that would divert attention from the other side of the body which was the main side. We used this photo in the newspaper advert.





This was also used in the newspaper advert as the side we would cover in tattoos.







All the pictures below were used in the Newspaper advert:



This is a friend's tattoo she had done recently, this like most of them was copied and used twice on the advert.







This tattoo was used twice, once in full and once split up and used in different places.








This is the photo I was taking in the picture at the top, Its my step-dads tattoo, this was the biggest tattoo on the advert.












I cut this tattoo out using the magic eraser tool. It cut big sections out at a time so was quite easy.








Another of my step-dads tattoos.








As the model I used for the print advert had quite dark skin,but the person it was cut of had quite light skin, I had to change the levels to make it darker, so it looked right.





This tattoo was also used twice on the advert and was quite hard to cut out and took the most time,as its quite detailed.









With this I also used the magic eraser, so it made it very quite to cut out. The magic eraser didn't work on all of them because the lines wasn't clear enough, but as this was a close up picture it worked well.







We didn't end up using this picture on the print advert in the end. It didn't quite look right on his body, so we decided to put them on his actual lips. This meant cutting them in half, as we only wanted the one half of his body tattooed, and flipping it so we didn't get the skull side. We asked a few people if they liked it but couldn't tell they were lips, so we decided to take them off.





This picture was quite hard to cut out as the photo wasn't the best quality because it wasn't focused.








This tattoo I used twice on the print advert. One quite big one and one smaller one.







I started by cutting this tattoo out but found it quite hard to go around all the curves perfectly.








so I started again but this time using the magic lasso tool, which meant the curves were but out well after going all the way around the edge.







My friends tattoo of stars were the most used of all, they were a nice shape just to fill a shape.








To copy the stars, and the other tattoos I just pressed 'Ctrl and J' and that copied the layer so i could have multiple stars.






The first stage of putting the print advert together was the main two photos. This was done by cutting each photo in half and being placed next to each other, with it matched up exactly.



The next thing I did was to put the font on. That said the slogan and underneath the title, date, time and channel our documentary will be shown on.

Also shown on this picture is me drawing boxes to go as a background to the text.


This is with the boxes around the text, which needed arranging to put the text to the front layer.





This is the advert with the tattoos superimposed on.
Also with the channel 4 logo on, which needed a quick cutting out with he magic rubber tool.







After looking at it as a group, we decided to change the colour of the channel 4 logo to white, to match the other text, and so it stood out a lot more on the dark background.








No comments:

Post a Comment